Here comes July 4th, and Splash Magazines Worldwide is sharing recipes that have been sent to us to help you celebrate. We wish you a very happy holiday celebration. And there is more.
Here are some beautifully decorated goodies that can add a visual patriotic touch to holiday gatherings.
Credit: lRed velvet credit
These stunning cupcakes are incredibly easy to make and very appealing to the eye. Topped with a delicious whipped cream frosting and blueberries. The best part is that with your Holstein Cupcake Maker, they will be ready in just minutes and you won’t even have to worry about pre-heating the oven or a messy cleanup.
Cool down at your 4th of July outdoor gathering with a refreshing Watermelon Sangria. In the excitement and all the festivities, this cocktail will keep you going and enjoying the celebration! With your Holstein Personal Blender, you’ll be able to mix your drink and then take it wherever you go.
Credit: Red, white and blue popsicle credit
A wonderful way to stay cool and refreshed during your picnic is a delicious popsicle! After enjoying a juicy burger or a corn-on-the-cob, indulge in this sweet treat and continue partying on! Use one of Holstein’s blenders to mix your fruity flavors.
Try one, two or all of these yummy recipes and bring them with you to your parties and celebrate with everyone this holiday. Happy birthday, America!
For more information on Holstein Housewares please visit holsteinhousewares website
Holstein’s products pages include recipes and How-To-Videos for your convenience.
Above photos are courtesy of Holstein Housewares
- 1/2 cup Ancient Harvest™ Harmony Blend Organic Quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 flax egg (1 1/2 tablespoons ground flax seeds + 3 tablespoons water, set aside for 5 minutes)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons guar gum (optional, creates a sturdier patty)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Burger toppings: tomato slices, avocado, lettuce
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions, cooking in vegetable broth instead of water.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat and sauté onions until translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in red bell pepper, celery, mushrooms, and carrots and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas and stir together with quinoa, flax egg and cooked veggies. Add spices, mustard, guar gum, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, stirring to combine.
- Set a pan with olive oil over medium-high heat and form 4 patties with the quinoa vegetable mixture. Cook the patties for about 5 minutes on each side, until golden.
- Assemble burgers and enjoy!
For more information and recipes, visit: Ancient Harvest
Really lovely gluten-free recipes are hard to find so if gluten-free applies to you or yours, check these recipes.
Dips for Independence Day!
Simple Avocado Dip
Seven Layer Bean Dip
Lemon Whip Fruit Dip
Five steps for a stress-free BBQ
Worcester, MA: July 22-23
Secaucus, NJ: October 14-15
Dallas, TX: October 28-29
San Mateo, CA: November 18-19
Photos: Courtesy of Gluten free Expo
Something completely different:
Chef Zipora Einav (www.chefzipora.com) is an accomplished private chef who has cooked for some of Hollywood’s most notable celebrities – Bob Hope, Jack Nicholson, Mariah Carey, Pierce Brosnan, Scarlett Johansson – and for professional athletes, including former National Football League star Donovan McNabb. She founded her company, Chef Zipora Enterprise – Comfort Food in Harmony with Your Health™ – to improve people’s lives by empowering them to eat well and embrace a healthy lifestyle.
Hibiscus Blueberry Popsicle
Ingredients for Step 1
½ cup maple syrup
2/3 Cup Water
3 TB Dry Hibiscus Petals
Ingredients for Step 2
Juice from 4 fresh lemons
1TB Lemon Peel
1 ½ cup water
¼ cup Fresh Blueberries
Note: You will need 8-10 Popsicle Molds and Sticks
- In a small pot, mix the maple syrup, 2/3 cup water and hibiscus petals and heat up on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 15-20 minutes; then strain the mixture and throw away the Hibiscus petals.
- Combine the fresh lemon juice, lemon peel and 1 ½ cup water; then mix with the Hibiscus water and pour into a measuring cup
- Fill 8-10 popsicle molds with the liquid and add the popsicle sticks to each mold. Then add 4-6 whole fresh blueberries into each mold; set the cover on top of the mold.
- Place in the freezer for 12 hours or overnight.
- To remove the frozen popsicles, rinse the mold under hot water for 30-40 seconds and remove gently. Then serve and enjoy!
A 4th of July Story…..
My friend Phil was very excited about his upcoming birthday. It is on the 4th of July which brought to mind George M. Cohan’s, I’M A YANKEE DOODLE DANDY “I’m a Yankee Doodle Dandy A Yankee Doodle, do or die A real live nephew of my uncle Sam’s Born on the Fourth of July “ The real “born on the fourth of July”, Phil Nanos, was kind enough to share his thoughts about what was it like to have that special birthday. Phil continues- What is it like to be born on the 4th of July? It has advantages and disadvantages. For one things, everyone celebrates the 4th. My favorite memory is when my parents would travel out of state to be sure that we had fireworks. Then the whole neighborhood would come to my house to celebrate the 4th. Some people knew it was my birthday and some did not. I didn’t want to be the star that day because, after all, it is a day about the U.S.A., and not me. My wish for America is the everyone enjoy the day, but that people do not forget about our independence and our freedom. We should think about the rest of the world and be thankful. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA…(and Phil)
Extra Special “Three Amigos Radio Show” set for July 4th now with expanded coverage.
In a special show for America’s Independence Day the “Three Amigos” Ron Irwin, Victor Onuigbo and Richard Perry will present a very unique show July 4th 2018 from 11:00 a.m. to 11:50 a.m. Pacific Time. Host Ron Irwin will be interviewed by his two co-hosts Victor Onuigbo and Richard Perry about Ron’s experiences in Vietnam as told in Ron’s gripping book “51-50 The Book.” In a wild tale rich in dark humor Ron will explain how his chance encounter with Japanese Haiku led to his service as a Marine in Vietnam And as a way to sincerely give thanks for the service of American veterans Ron will donate 20% of the net proceeds from sales of that book split between the Veterans of Foreign Wars and the Vietnam Veterans of America. Ron has also agreed to make the same donation from the sale of all of his books from now through the end of this year. Available books may be viewed at the Ron Irwin website.
The Three Amigos originates from Universal Broadcasting Network at the Sunset Gower Studios in Hollywood. The show may be heard live online at:
www.ubnradio.com/channel-2 and also now also available here: