Super Bowl LIII is a rematch of the game that started the Tom Brady Super Bowl era. 17 years agao the New England Patriots and Brady defeated the Rams 20-17. But this time the Rams are back home in Los Angeles as opposed to St. Louis. While you might not be in Atlanta for the big game, there are plenty of great spots in Los Angeles to support your Rams.
Golden Road Pub in Anaheim will be showing the big game on a 14-foot jumbotron (in the biergarten weather permitting). Chef Henry Tran has also curated a special buffet with some traditional game days foods as well as some special items from Chef Henry.
Golden Road’s Atwater Village pub will be showing the big game on a jumbotron screen, with food and beer specials. The food specials will be all day, whereas the beer specials will run from 2:30 pm until the end of the game. $12 pitchers of select beers: Blonde, Prancer, Surf & Snow, Hefeweizen, Wolf Pup, Point The Way, and Mango Cart. Food specials: $9 pretzels, $9 street tacos (3) – both vegan and non-vegan, and $12 clam chowder.
What: “Super Bowl LIII!!!!” at The Parlor
Who: Los Angeles Rams vs. New England Patriots
When: Sunday, February 3, 1p-Close
Why: The Parlor’s Super Bowl special menu:
- Rams fans: Bacon-wrapped hot dog and Angeleno IPA (pint)
- Patriots fans: New England clam chowder and Samuel Adams (pint)
- Everybody: “Gurley Drinks” cocktail menu
- Rams/Patriots shots – blue kamikaze (vodka, triple sec, lime juice, blue curaçao)… cherry garnish for Patriots, lemon garnish for Rams
- THAT GURLEY DRINK – Ketel One Citroen lemon vodka, lime juice, cranberry juice, simple syrup… served up in a martini glass with a cherry garnish
- THE ULTIMAT G.O.A.T. – Ultimat Vodka, lime juice, ginger beer (Get it? Drink is normally a mule, this is a goat. See what we did?)
- POT O’ GOFF-EE – Teeling Irish Whiskey, lemon juice, honey
- GRONK JUICE – Bacardi silver rum, pineapple juice, lime juice, simple syrup
Where: The Parlor (7250 Melrose Ave.)
How: No cover
Los Angeles-based D’Amore’s Pizza is celebrating our very new home team with a Super Bowl Party Special available at all D’Amore’s locations in LA.
On game day, order: Jumbo 2-topping pizza, buffalo wings, and drinks for two for just $30.
WHERE TO WATCH THE GAME
If you’re looking for a delightful, pre-game boozy brunch, The Henry is an ideal place to spend your morning on February 3rd. Your charming, go-to neighborhood spot from coffee to cocktails, The Henry has a tableside Bloody Mary and mimosa cart and brunch from 9-3 on Sunday. Enjoy dishes like Smashed Avocado Toast (crushed egg, farmhouse cheddar, buckwheat, everything spice) and Rancheros Breakfast Bowl (sunny side up eggs, tomatillo-pumpkin seed salsa, corn tortilla, refried lentil, avocado, tomato, queso blanco). You’ll be ready to cheer on your favorite team!
If you’re looking for an unusual place to watch the game, look no further than 3rd Street’s Toca Madera. From the visually stunning design to the award-winning menu, Toca Madera transports you to a world that’s both modern and timeless. Enjoy brunch on Sundays from 11am-4pm and weekend happy hour from 3pm-6pm while you watch the game. From the churro waffle (waffle-pressed churro batter with mixed berries, chantilly crema, honey butter & maple syrup) to the Mexican omelette (sautéed fresh farmers’ market vegetable omelette with verde & roja salsa), there are many delicious ways to cheer on the Rams.
WHERE TO PICK UP FOOD FOR PARTIES
· Be the MVP at your Superbowl Party and pick up a pie from Winston Pies! The premiere dessert pie shop in Los Angeles has created a special, seasonal Touchdown Pie that is sure to please everyone at the party, no matter which team they’re rooting for.
· Featuring a Dark chocolate cookie (gluten free!) crust, light and fluffy peanut butter mousse, and topped with milk chocolate and pretzels, the Touchdown Pie is available in the pie shop’s signature 5-inch mini pies ($10) or a regular 11-inch full sized pie ($45). Winston Pies are made fresh daily and sold through two retail shops in the Brentwood and West Hollywood communities as well as online at www.winstonpies.com.
· The rebellious, artisanal ice cream brand known for its unconventional flavors, has the sweet fix for Superbowl bash. Pick up a pint (or three) at the Venice scoop shop or order via Amazon Prime and Goldbelly (Big Game Party 6-Pack available now), so you don’t have to go without Secret Breakfast (signature bourbon ice cream with cornflakes) or Blue Bottle Vietnamese Coffee(a complex blend of rich coffee, chicory root, and condensed milk) on game day. What more does your Game Day need?
· The popular fresh-casual Modern Organic Mexican concept that SoCal fans have come to know and love, has you totally covered for you at home game day fiesta. Tocaya is bringing its versatile menu rooted in traditional Mexican recipes right from the kitchen to your home, with Super Bowl Game Day Catering that accommodates a variety of eating preferences.
· Choose from a variety of ‘build your own’ bowl or taco bar options and opt for your choice of vegan or non-vegan. Available for delivery or pick up. Note: Catering orders require a 24 hour minimum notice. Delivery and set up fees may apply
· For Superbowl treats for your four-legged friends, pick up the dog-friendly Peanut Butter Football Cookies, on sale starting this Monday January 28th through Sunday, February 3rd. The cookies are $3.50 each or available in half dozen or *barkers dozen* deals.
SPECIALS FOR THE BIG GAME
· Bring your three favorite LA brewpubs home with you for all your at-home Super Bowl watching needs! The Stalking Horse Brewery & Freehouse, 6th & La Brea Brewery and Restaurant, Bluebird Brasserie, which are part of New Original Breweries, have launched beer to go in 32-oz cans called Crowlers. Filled at the breweries with fresh beer from the tap, the brewpubs are bringing fresh beer from the tank right to your Super Bowl party at home. In honor of the Los Angeles Rams face-off with the New England Patriots, all 3 brewpubs will be offering a special Super Bowl deal on Crowlers:
· Crowlers for Super Bowl – $20 3-packs of Crowlers (Available 2/3 only at The Stalking Horse, 6th & La Brea, and Bluebird Brasserie)
· The Echo Park craft beer restaurant and bar will be showing the game on the big screen, as well as on 8 TV’s throughout the restaurant. Specials include:
· 2 Chili Dogs (V/NV) and a side of tots ($12)
· $2 off New Original Breweries beers
· The West LA brewpubcombines traditional Cornish fare with an onsite craft brewery in a welcoming British pub setting. For Super Bowl, The Stalking Horse will be offering:
· $20 3-packs of crowlers (usually $24)
· Puppy Bowl with Wags & Walks (adoptable dogs streamed on the big screen during halftime)
· $4 drafts
· $10 burger + beer combo
· Raffle – “Win Beer for a Year!” (Two crowlers per month for a year)
· The contemporary brewery & restaurant experience located epicenter of Los Angeles will be showing the Super Bowl game and offering several specials during the event:
· $20 3-packs of crowlers (usually $24)
· Superbowl Squares game – Buy a square and you get a Crowler (Prizes TBD)
· Food Specials – Wings & Beer Cheese w/ pretzel both $9
· The community brewery & public house in the historic Janss Dome building in the heart of Westwood Village, will be offering a Game Day Menu with select $9 food items during the game!
· The100% plant based Asian pub in DTLA will be showing the game and offering the following specials for Super Bowl:
· $6 House Wine
· $4 Rose
· $4 Mimosas
· $8 Draft Cocktails
· $4 Select Drafts
Chef Caroline Concha will also be cooking up “Super Sloppy Snacks” for the big game, which include:
· Classic Dog- Topped w/ Sloppy Chili, Jalapenos, Mustard 14$
· Impossible Burger- w/ Sloppy Chili, Tomato, Pickles, Chipotle Aioli 16$ add cheese $1
· Steak Fries- w/ Sloppy Chili, Cashew Cheese, Chopped Onions 9$
· Tater Tots- w/ Sloppy Chili, Cashew Cheese, Scallions 9$
· The local vegan-friendly restaurant and craft beer bar in Burbank featuring an all craft and draft beer menu, all from California will be showing the Super Bowl game and offering twoadditional flavors of their signature vegan wings, Sweet Teriyaki and Habanero for $10, alongside traditional flavors such as BBQ and Buffalo Sauce.
· The Eagle Rock neighborhood bar with an expansive craft beer and cocktail selection, classic bar games, weekly DJ, Karaoke, Live Music nights will be showing the Super Bowl on the big screen, as well as opening early at 3:00pm for the day.
· Happy Hour pricing will be available until 7pm, which will include $5 draft beers, $5 wells and $5 wines by the glass.
· The historic Marina del Rey pub known for its famed beloved turtle races, will be showing the Super Bowl and offering $15 pitchers of house beer and $5 Jameson shots during the game.
· The gourmet fast casual fried chicken concept from Chef Richard Blais, has got you covered around the *cluck* for Superbowl Sunday (Feb. 3). In Pasadena, Happy Hour will be going on from 3pm-6pm serving deals on cocktails, beers, wines along with Crack Snacks.
· Share the Chicken Lollipops or Spicy Biscuit Sliders or enjoy the Mexican Poutine, schmaltz fries with pollo asado and jalapeno cheese wiz.With decked out kids play areas, picnic style tables, and plenty of TVs there’s no better place to root for the Rams with groups of friends and family.
For those of you that are hosting the Super Bowl party there are many tasty and unique items to wow your guests during the big game.
This year, host the winning party by adding Angry Orchard hard cider by picking up a six-pack of Angry Orchard Crisp Apple. This crowd-pleaser has a classic apple-forward flavor that is crisp and refreshing. Cider is a bright, fruit-forward alternative to beer and wine, making it the perfect beverage to keep your guests’ thirst quenched no matter how heated the game may get.
2 BOTTLES ANGRY ORCHARD CRISP APPLE
6 OZ VODKA
12 OZ PEACH JUICE
12 OZ WHITE WINE
4.5 OZ LEMON JUICE
3 OZ SIMPLE SYRUP (1 : 1 SUGAR AND WATER)
BUILD IN A LARGE PUNCH BOWL AND TOP WITH ANGRY ORCHARD CRISP APPLE. GARNISH WITH LEMON
WHEELS, STRAWBERRY SLICES AND PEACH SLICES.
Folios™ Cheese Wraps, from Lotito Foods, the family owned, four generation cheese company announces expanded distribution of their innovative, low-carb, naturally lactose and gluten free cheese wraps! Wildly popular, but hard to find, these 100% all-natural cheese wraps are now available at Costco, HEB, Aldi, AmazonFresh.com and other retailers based on incredible consumer demand! Just in time to Celebrate with a Super Bowl you can eat, Folios Cheese Wraps offers great recipes at www.cheesefolios.com
Folios Cheese Wraps are 100% cheese, available in Jarlsberg®, Parmesan, and Cheddar. With no wheat, starch, fillers or added sugar and only 1g carb, these wraps are extremely popular with keto, paleo, allergy-friendly and low-carb diets and for anyone looking for alternative culinary wraps or an interesting twist to an everyday recipe.
Here is that Super Bowl You can eat:
Cheddar Folios™ Crispy Bowl of Avocado Cream with Cheddar Folios™ Chips
4 Cheddar Folios™
1 Avocado – ripe, pitted, and skin removed
3 Green Onions – chopped
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Fresh Lime Juice
1 Serrano Chili Pepper – stemmed, seeded, and chopped
2 tsp. Fresh Cilantro – diced
Make 1 Cheddar Folios™ bowl as instructed on package. Then, make Cheddar Folios™ chips by placing 1 Folios™ in the microwave for 1 ½ minutes. As soon as removed, use a pizza cutter or sharp knife and immediately cut into triangle pieces before turning into crisps (about 30 seconds). Place on a dry paper towel and repeat for the other 2 Folios™. Set aside.
Now, make the avocado cream by placing all remaining ingredients in a food processor (minus 1 tsp. cilantro and 1 tsp. of green onions). Blend until smooth and creamy. Place the Cheddar Folios™ bowl on a serving platter and surround by the Cheddar Folios™ chips. Fill the Folios™ bowl with the avocado cream and top with remaining onions and cilantro. Serves 4 – 6.
Folios Cheese Wraps are available in a 10 count pack at Costco for $8.99 and all other stores in a 4 count pack with prices ranging from $3.99 to $5.99. They were awarded Editor’s Pick For Best New Products by The Gourmet Retailer for being an innovative, low-carb, gluten and lactose free wrap option and called “the very first 100% cheese wraps that are ready for consumption right out of the package.” Organic and viral postings by dedicated followers created a national fanfare across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter demanding increased distribution. Folios Cheese Wraps and retailers answered the call aggressively increased distribution list including Costco Northwest, HEB Texas as well as a variety of stores throughout the country including: Aldi, Haggen, Fresh Thyme, Angelo Caputos, Sunset Foods, Schnucks, Rosauers, Yokes Fresh Market, Hy-Vee, Patte Creek Market, Mont Marus Foods, Heebs East Main Grocery, Stack and Van Til, Gelsons and Jewel as well as on AmazonFresh.com.
For stores locations go to :http://www.lotitofoods.com/folios/stories/where-to-buy-folios-cheese,177
Smart Flour’s Ancient-Grain Pizzas packs the power of whole grains into a game-day classic, this certified gluten-free pizza lineup is free of many common allergens like wheat, nuts, tree nuts, soy, and eggs, but feature a crave-worthy flavor that will have any pizza lover cheering. Starting with a thin, crispy crust made from sorghum, amaranth and teff, the pizzas are topped with hormone-free cheese, a robust tomato sauce, and the best-tasting, nitrate/nitrite-free uncured pepperoni and hand-selected sausage in the meat versions. Football-viewing, favorite flavors include Uncured Pepperoni, Four Cheese, Garden Margherita (made with fresh Roma tomatoes and basil!), and Sweet Chicken Sausage.